Calm the fear and restore the care
Many people suffer dental anxiety. For nervous patients this is very often their biggest drawback. It can mean that they avoid getting the necessary and appropriate professional dental care they need.
At our London City EC4 practice, we find that dental anxiety is as much a problem for the dentist as it is for the nervous patient, because proper treatment is not being done at the right time to prevent decay. If you’re gripped with fear every time you think about visiting your dentist – relax! Here’s how CAP City Dental can help to calm you down:
- We take the time to listen and be empathic, never rushing.
- We explain the procedure in detail – ‘what, how and why’.
- If local anaesthetic is needed, we apply it gently, since many patients ‘are scared of the needle’.
- We can provide Relaxing Gas to help anxious patients achieve a greater sense of calm (a big plus!).
- We caringly follow up on extensive difficult procedures.
Relaxing Gas is a mixture of Nitrous Oxide and Oxygen which you inhale through a nose piece. It’s totally safe (women in labour use it) and allows you to be detached from the sensation of treatment. While you still hear everything, you don’t focus on what the dentist is doing. Time seems to move faster. When the nose piece is removed, you immediately return to normal alertness. The dentists in our City of London EC4 practice have successfully used the tried, tested and very safe technique of ‘Relaxing Gas’ (Nitrous Oxide and Oxygen conscious sedation) for over 30 years now. This is even more effective for nervous patients if combined with appropriate music delivered through noise cancelling headphones. Today, modern dentistry can and should be absolutely pain free. Read our article about Calming the Nervous Patient.